View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough

You have to consider, if you had a stock truck with a stick shift, you would rev it to about 3000rpms, dump the clutch and floor it for a good launch. You have a supercharger, but it is a centrifugal unit, so torque doesn't kick in as hard at low rpms, like with a roots, that make it act like a big block, but the biggest factor is you tow. If you go to high on the stall speed, it will hunt for gears and burn out the clutch in the converter. Yeah haul ass, but not good for overall, you are looking for the comprimise! You still make more power than others at midrange with the Ripp, so the 2300stall speed is pretty accurate.

I would not use Circle D,nothing against them, but they basicly rebuild stock cores with a billet front, much better than stock in certain respects, but still can't handle power that others with complete new fabrication can. The Edge Street level converter is billet front all new components, and is designed to handle 600hp applications, which a lot of guys have run even more hp through. $500, as in example the $500 Circle D is rated at 450hp at the same cost. I also like Edge cause I have seen their welding techniques and thier interior components, and they use all steel, to where so many other companies use plastic components still, even in their custom units.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes