Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
CowboyZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasavage View Post
I know, same issue on my truck. I have a complaint in with Chrysler Canada already about how the dealership I went to put a aftermarket brake control in my truck instead of the factory ram one I asked for, and Tekonsha has a bulletin out that the control cannot be used on 2013 without a special adapter harness, as 2013's have a "powernet" and are not like a traditional vehicle in terms of power. If I had hooked up a trailer to my truck before I discovered this bulletin myself online, I could have caused "severe electrical damage". I only started looking as the dealership mounted the aftermarket control in just the ugliest and stupidest place on the dash that they could, rubbing the leather on the door even. All when the factory control is fully availble!

So when whoever said dealerships have a steep learning curve on these trucks , that was the understatement of the decade!

When I finally get someone at Dodge to get back to me on my complaint, Im gonna raise another big one about this remote start issue just because I have their "cool" push button no key start, that's retarded and should have been advertised so I could have bought a different truck that had it from the factory!! I'm not too impressed with dodge or the dealerships on this lack of knowledge and support on their shiny new $50000 products! I live in Canada, remote start should be standard by now for !$&@ sakes! And now, I can't even get one at all???? Today is -18 celsius where I live...
I hear and agree with you. Dodge shouldnt have released these trucks if they didn't have a solution for remote start. But more so its the dealership who should not have told me that a dealer installed as good as factory remote start wpwas avaliable just so they could make the sale. I mean i couldve waited til the dealer found a truck with the remote start and options i wanted. Im sure there's more then a few floating around calgary. Anyways I'll just have to wait and see and if nothing is available by next fall, I'll be buying a new truck and basically after the depreciation hit, pay like $10k for a remote starter. Lol
Let me know how your conversation with Dodge on the remote start. I think I might call them on this issue as well.