View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 DODOGE RAM2500
Trim Level: LARAMIE SLT
Color: BLUE
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
MACKEYAUTOREPAIR is on a distinguished road

I agree. My 01 always got around 13 combined. I have an MAD 6A, coil, cold air, and a throttle body spacer. By feel, the spacer gave me the most bang for the buck, but I already had the other parts on, and the point was for them to compliment one another. As for exhaust, I have had a straight pipe, a single 3'' 50 series Flowmaster, a 2 into one Cherry Bomb Vortex, a 2 into one 40 series, and I feel I get the best off the line torque with a stock system. I am going to try true straight duals on my 2500, and I'm thinking of using 2''. This is not a diesel, a basically stock gas motor needs some back pressure to build torque. As for removing your converter, you will need a 2 into one pipe. The 2 sides go in as 2, the come out as one. I have done it, but its probably not a driveway job. WITHOUT QUESTION, my right foot was the biggest factor in improving fuel economy. I was able to get to 18 combined, but it was a lot of work. Planning out routes, knowing when to accelerate and coast, making sure you arent weighted down, drafting, etc. Look up "Hypermiling" there are some good tricks.