Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
kevin.rapes is on a distinguished road
Default 2009 Dodge Ram EVIC Update/Upgrade

So I would just like to start this off by saying I just purchased my first Dodge Ram. Previously I have a Chevrolet Silverado, but I just love the look and feel of the Dodge.

Anyways, I bought a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab with the 5.7L Hemi Engine. I used the VIN Decoder to find that the Build Date on this is September 2nd, 2008.

I just have a question concerning the EVIC. Coming from a 2010 Silverado, I'm used to some of the displays that I notice aren't included on my Dodge (tire pressure for each tire, Fuel Economy, etc). I also noticed mine does not tell me when the MDS kicks in. I have the LCD display on mine with the steering wheel controls.

I know this question has come up before, but I was hoping to get a fresh perspective on it. Is there anything I can do to have them update mine to the 2010 version (through an update in the computer)? I know that the 2010 LCD screen had many more options than mine. If having the dealer update mine is not an option, would it be possible to buy a 2010 guage cluster to install on mine?

Thank you all for your time.
Sponsored links