Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce2700 View Post
Hello ladies and gents (probably mostly gents)

Saturday I went a purchased my first brand new vehicle. Got the 2012 2500. I must say I am pretty impressed with the power but disturbed by my initial MPG usage. Pulling a closed trailer all day today I seemed to average about 12 MPG today. I realize its a new truck, break in time, not a long enough time watching the MPG yet blah blah blah. but to be honest my initial impressions are not good when it comes to paying at the pump.

I pull a trailer probably 3 times a week and I drive probably 4-500 miles a week so I was really hoping for better furl economy then this. Again I realize its only been a few days but lets face it Im not going to jump from 12 to 16 or 17 like I was hoping for. Then I start reading its all the emissions crap holding me back but I am not ready to void any warranty's on a brand new truck or am I

Then I start wondering about the longevity these trucks will have bone stock eating up all there own emissions cant be good for the long haul can it?

Who has the most miles on there stock 6.7 cummins? How is the longevity of there tranny and engine in bone stock form?
How heavy is your trailer? A buddy of mine just bought a 12 MY 2500 Cummins. He pulls a 28' camper, and like you, he is disappointed in initial mileage...about 12 mpg he said towing. I really think you need to be patient and give the truck about 15k miles, then reevaluate. What's your mileage empty?