Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996 dodge ram
Trim Level: dodge ram 1500 v6
Color: grey
Engine: 1994-2001 239ci (3.9L) Magnum V6 175hp
Rep:10
kebrowns is on a distinguished road

Thanks you all for taking the time out to help me with this.

OK I did a lot of searching around and changes and hoping what I did so far made a difference. But before I get into that my biggest concern now is does certain injectors suppose to make louder noises than others?

Ok lets get into what I did so far.

First.

I got some solvent cc cleaner and sprayed and cleaned every sensor connectors and their corresponding sensor terminals including the pcm. After doing this I didn't notice any difference in drive-ability.

Second.

I placed a 16 gauge wire ground strap on the lower screw of the ignition coil and put another ground wire on the bank one rail. Now after doing this I did notice a slight difference in drive-ability and response but no codes popped up.

Third.
I had the muffler installed and that seemed to smooth things down a bit too. After doing all of what I did this the first time ever I got another code P0171 besides the dreadful p030x codes on bank one. P0171 means bank 1 running lean. I also replaced the current upstream bosch 02 sensor on the truck with a NTK o2 sensor. The NTK sensor was the only one I could find that matches the dealers p/n and was $30 cheaper. I have read several other posts that says bosch parts doesn't fit well with dodges. I also changed out the plugs with the oe double plat autolight from autozone.

fourth
Thank you all for your help but before I go tutting my own horn I will continue to drive this truck and report back to see if anything else changed.

The truck starts up smooth but when it warms up it gets a little rough/rumble to it maybe that normal and I am just concerned now as to why some of the injectors only on bank 1 is clicking louder than others. Are these signs of dying injectors? or is it normal?
Last edited by kebrowns : Today at 02:47 PM.