Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
KevinGoodyear is on a distinguished road

I was just reading your thread and I am going to put my 2 cents in...I bought my 2009 Laramie 4x4 with 60K miles on it and I changed my plugs at 65K this past weekend...I would take Astroman64's advise very strongly...I wished I had read this post BEFORE I did my plug change. It is possible to change plugs if, and I mean IF you are capable of laying on your stomach over your engine and you have all the extensions and swivels needed. This could possibly be done with other ways but this was the way I found best. When it came to the two plugs by the firewall on the passenger side, I did find that the low pressure AC line was in the way of my 3/8" extension, I did move it over about a hair, just enough to get my extension in there...as a matter of fact I actually remember my extension touching the AC line while I was changing the plugs. What happened next was the next day I did not have any AC...try scratching your head on that one?! Here you change plugs and your AC doesnt work!! As an official gearhead I was doing a lot of "WTF?!"...then I saw the AC oil leaking down my chassis...looked behind the expansion valve/block and it was leaking. When I moved the line I must have "unset" the O ring and that was it. Went to the dealer to order the new O rings (there are 4 that I replaced) and I was told that I cracked the evap core and would have to be replaced...if you've ever taken a dash out...you do not want to do this on a Dodge Ram 1500. I have since replaced the O rings and waiting to see if this will fix (wife is driving truck and will return tomorrow). Keeping my fingers crossed...anyways, just my 2 (or now...$2.00 worth! Kevin in Dallas