Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
mdram43 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno10 View Post
I just picked up my Ram in October, and took it in for a knocking noise that I believe could be an exhaust manifold issue. While its in the shop, they let me know that the rear exhaust is leaking from rot holes in the pipes tight where they go over the axle. Seriously? Rotted exhaust on a 3 year old truck? Thats horse you know what. Now Ill be looking at a hefty bill for a replacement exhaust.

I have owned nothing but Chrysler products since 2001, and one thing that I have never had problems with has been rotted exhausts. My last one had 175k on it when I sold it and the exhaust was fine. I am not happy about this, especially since the truck has 39k on it and its just out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

The dealer also cant find the manifold leak, but the truck has an incessant ticking noise, sounds like a damn diesel running. If these kind of issues keep happening, I dont think Ill have this truck for very long.

your not alone with the engine ticking, I posted on dodgeforum, and apparently a bunch of us have it, a broken exhaust manifold bolt. I havent had the time to mess with it. sounds an awful lot like a lifter in need of adjustment