Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
In less than a month I'll be trailering my 22-foot H&H enclosed car carrier (dual axle) from RI to AZ, about 2700 miles...

My truck's a Quad Cab Sport so it has the Hemi, 20s, 76-inch bed, and (unfortunately) 3.55s/open diff. I added the MOPAR rear view camera and trailer brake controller recently and have a set of Air Lift 1000 bags waiting to be installed.

I'm adding a BakFlip F1 with BakBox toolbox and a MOPAR bed extender for bed storage/security for the trip.

The max weight for the trailer should not exceed 8K pounds, and would more likely be closer to 7500. I also have a WD hitch...

I'm expecting HORRIFIC mileage. I barely squeak 15 MPG completely empty now driving like I have a bald eagle egg under the skinny pedal. I'm envisioning a max speed of 65 to keep my tank range in the 210 mile range (hopefully).

Am I missing anything? Any additional purchases I should consider? My relocation snuck up on me a bit, and I don't have the budget to do a gear swap or add a LSD right now...

What about tire pressure? I'm usually a stickler for the door sticker but thought that airing them up a bit would help. I'm planning on getting some quality A/Ts to replace the stockers that are on there shortly anyway.

Thanks in advance for the helpful replies!
Just following up. Have you made the trip yet? If so, let us know how she towed!