Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Mophead is on a distinguished road

Head rests are ridiculous! There are several fixes. 1) Turn them around 2) Put them in a vise and bend them (not me) 3) I rarely have anyone in the back seat so I swapped the rear ones to the front. Also greatly improves rearward visibility. I plan to eventually buy two rear ones. If anyone is back there they really need them cause they will hit the window with their head. I'm sure the insurance institute will not agree with me but I think the rear on the front provide more than adequate protection. The fronts are bent forward so in a collision your head is kept forward (not rocking front to back) which is the main cause of whiplash.

The tpms for the 2500 sucks the big kahoonah. You have to buy E-rated tires which severely limits your choices in 20" sizes. Light Load must be 60 fr 40 r. I don't remember how I managed it but I had them 50 F&R until it got cold and they lost a couple lbs of pressure setting off the low air warning.

The shutter when hitting rough close together bumps had been alayed quite a bit by running 50 psi and I think even more so from installing Bilstein's all the way around. Scared the crap out of me the first time. Thought I was gonna jump into the oncoming lane. I had an 8800 lb 2000 2500 that had a much stiffer suspension and it never did that crap.

I also didn't like the body roll and lean in while braking going into a turn. I installed a Hellwig BIGwig and problem solved. Still doesn't go around a turn as well as my 2000 QC, but I have a CC and the wheelbase is considerably longer.

The sun visor is dumber than hell too. If you're driving with the sun low it has a large area not shaded. DUH!!!

It really stumbled, hesitated and lugged when it was new. It still upshifts too soon causing the lugging, but the throttle response has improved. Guess it learned when I press on the gas I want it to go. Another DUH!!! I'll buy a Trinity after I get the stereo done.

Alpine and Ram ought to be shot for calling their sound system "premium"! If you're gonna amplify a system how bout putting some power in the box??? Very weak and for the premium price paid expensive proposition to upgrade. Pathetic Alpine...shame on you! You definitely knew better so why would you put your name on this crap?

After adjusting my headlights they are much better. Still weak on the high beams though. I'll be changing out the bulbs shortly. Pretty damn dumb process to get to them though.

Otherwise , I really do love my truck.

Last edited by Mophead; 03-24-2013 at 11:35 PM.