View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I personally like Cooper Cobra tires for what you're doing with your truck. They ride and handle well, maintain a good wear pattern with reasonable care and proper alignment, and they look good too. The current tires you have a generally regarded as garbage. The wear you're seeing is normal for tires that aren't rotated regularly, and most importantly, in the correct pattern.
Not to thread jack but I'm sure this will help the OP too. What rotation pattern do you recommend? Found this on Tire Rack. What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNC View Post
Thanks for the reply....but...Do they come in 20" ? As I stated in my original post I have 20" wheels I researched them and 20" are not an option. Also this is a passenger tire. Does that really work on a truck?
I agree that the Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus is a great tire for what it sounds like you do. I have done a ton of research and I am actually thinking very seriously about ordering a set for my 4x4 QC. As for your question about passenger tires....yes, the Coopers are "P" tires rather than "LT" tires. But so are the stock Goodyears. Actually, these particular Coopers, along with most if not all Cooper tires in this size, are XL (extra load) rated rather than SL (standard load) like the stock Goodyears. The alternative is "LT" tires. Nothing against them by any means other than they might ride a tad stiffer but the truth is that the majority of pickup trucks don't need them and don't run them. So yeah, no need to worry.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.