View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Something that will need installing this week. So I finally got my TB in, I had to order it from Discount Auto Performance since for some reason the other place I ordered it from suddenly lost my order and had no more available, I checked with Andrew (FastNugly) from DAP and he had it stock, Placed the order end of last week and it showed up at the door on Monday. That some fast service. Thanks Andrew, you guys are the best.

So here is the TB, and now to the installation.

So pulled off my Air intake and located the TB hidden behind it, unplug both the TB cable and the Temp sensor connections. There are 4 bolts that hold the TB in, 10mm, unscrew and remove the TB.

install the new TB and put in the bolts, tighten them back up, I did not have the torque specs of the bolts but I am presuming first snug them up so the TB is flat at its location, hit them up in a star pattern at about 80 in/lb then go over them up to about 105 in/lb, that should be good.

attache the wire and your ready to put the Air intake back on.

So now that its all on and running, what are my opinions on this unit, Well the first thing I noticed is the gas pedal is a lot more sensitive, so responsiveness is there. Once the truck warmed up to operating temperature, I could feel there was some good pull from about 2500 - 2800 rpm, I just recently changed my Bully Dog tune to the 85+ tune and the truck is still learning my driving ways, so its hard to pinpoint anything right now but I do feel that its given me some giddy up, as things progress I will chime in more information.

As for the unit, I want to thank Andrew and Jeremiah from DAP for stepping up and getting me that unit so quick. These guys are Really on there game.

Last edited by Asur; 03-27-2013 at 10:33 AM.