Vehicle: 2011 Ram Quad Cab 4 x 4
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
CanuckHRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseMan View Post
Let us not bash Ford here, tho everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just gave kudos over on the 13 forum for a response a fella gave about Ram. He is a new guy and apparent owner of a Ford ecoboost. He gave a very respectable recommendation and said nothing negative about us proud Ram folks.

Just thought I'd share that. Honestly, any major engine issue like this is truly terrible for any owner, regardless of brand.

This is a great forum guys...have not been here long, but I check in just about every night. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge here!
Well put HorseMan! This sounds like a manufacturing defect that could happen to any brand. I hope the poor guy ends up with some favorable resolution from FORD. I have owned pretty much every brand of truck and they all have their Lemons. I've had some excellent Fords and then some that were not so great. I am on my 2nd Hemi Truck now with the first having been given to my Father (2003 Hemi Ram 4x4) and it's still running great and does not use or leak a drop of oil to this day. The Hemi is a proven engine and we are fortunate.