Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:36
ericlee9386 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinmi View Post
Has anyone on here done this? I know there's that other thread but no real results yet. I just ordered the cam and valve springs, should be here Friday. I ordered 6.1 intake springs, they’ll probably need a little shimming but I’ll cross that bridge when they show up and I can test them. I’ll be getting baseline dyno numbers on Saturday and starting the swap immediately after that (assuming the parts show up on time). Aside from the obvious “we need dyno numbers”, is there anything else you guys would like to see as I do the swap?
It has been done before but have there havent been proven dyno numbers except on a challenger. The only thing i would like to see is what you used to get the harmonic balancer off. I have tried this install before and had to send it back to dodge for new rocker arm shafts and two pushrods. All i can say is be carefull of the pushrods they dont always seat properly. But hey man good luck please take pictures and let us know how it goes.