Old 03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RenoRam is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry, but I did not get additional pics up :-( Crazy busy past two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark09sport View Post
Love the color. How much quicker is it off the line with the 8 spd?
Nothing to relate it to other than my Cayenne. There is no hesitation, 1st is a very low gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Congratulations !!! can't wipe that grin off of your face now, heheh

Great pictures too, you have the best shots of the lower center stack, that i have yet seen

How do you like the backup camera & does it display on the radio ?

Is the Shifter Knob a hassle ? or would it be an issue if you had to wear gloves ??

Maybe it is a good thing that your 8 speed is out of Germany, it definitely can't be a bad thing
Back up camera is great, it uses the "guidance lines" that shift side to side as you turn the wheel when in reverse. Makes it easy to back into the garage as I get used to the exterior dimensions. I wish it had front parking sensors, it is hard to tell where the corners are. I'll get used to it soon enough but would have been a nice insurance policy for tight spaces.

Shifter knob is nicely knurled and feels great on the fingers and has a good feel to the detents. Gloves would be no problem, it is just a turn, not a press and turn or anything nutty. Weird to use a knob, but it works great, and I'll get used to that quickly as well. Makes sense to remove a bulky shifter from the console.

The center display in the dash is awesome! You scroll to the different screens from a steering wheel button. The presentation is bright and intuitive. The trailer brake controller settings are really nice! Everything is integrated into the dash display and the center stack display. The whole UConnect setup is first class and light years ahead of the Cayenne.

The OE Alpine sound system is a 9/10 vs the 10/10 Burmester in the Cayenne (which is best I've ever heard, bar none). I can't imagine anyone not being happy with the Alpine. Great clear highs, and a solid bass without being boomy. The surround setting is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd McPherson View Post
Does the tri-fold cover lock?
There is no key lock. It has two clamps on either side in back and two more in the front, that is what holds it on. Once it folds up, there are two snap attachments to hold it folded. I think you can drive with it folded, but personally I'd remove and put in the bed. It's heavy, maybe 30-40 lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhbdvm View Post
Where/how can you tell on the window sticker the transmission is from Germany? It doesn't say "buy" next to it but at the bottom it has "DE". Is the "DE" the tip off?
$500 extra charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
Great looking truck thanks for sharing the pictures
You are welcome (to all of you)!

Other observations:
  • The seat bottom cushion feel like sitting on a park bench. It's hard :-(
  • The leather used on the seats is slippery, ugh.
  • Seat heaters/ventilation are great! If you've never had this, you don't know what you are missing.
  • Can't get the GD Homelink to work. I've programmed a lot of these and mine does nothing (no reset, no program, no flashing light) no matter what I do. Anyone with '13 programmed them? Help!
  • The 8-speed is smooth as silk, Porsche and Audi have used these exact ZF units for years, you have nothing to worry about. Relax, enjoy.
  • Paint look and quality is just incredible. On par with anything from any manufacturer anywhere.
  • The manual shift of the 8-speed is done with two buttons on the steering wheel. That is also the only way to get a display of what gear it is in. Display occurs in the dash display, bottom right corner.
  • Air suspension is awesome! Again, if you have never had such a thing (Cayenne has had this exact same system for almost three years now) you don't know what you are missing or appreciate how cheap you are getting this great technology. Porsche financially rapes their customers mercilessly for 8-speed/Air Suspension/Good sound system.
  • The rear area seat bottoms in my Crewcab fold in various ways and have a plastic fold out flat floor. Someone took the time to think through this.
  • The brakes look tiny to my eyes. The rotors are like the size of a CD disk! Well, maybe not that small but I fear for the first time I pull a trailer :-( Someone needs to develop a big-brake kit I think?
I like everything about the truck other than lack of front parking sensors, seat bottom hardness and the slick as butter leather they used. I'd pay to have the damn seats re-covered if I knew who could do a quality job? Alcantara inserts could possibly fix them too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3270410.jpg (94.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg P3270400.jpg (80.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg P3270387.jpg (84.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg P3270396.jpg (88.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg P3270399.jpg (94.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg P3270402.jpg (69.6 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg P3270403.jpg (68.1 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by RenoRam; 03-30-2013 at 01:18 PM.