View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
What are you doing to the suspension?
Oh I never even noticed this post, I am designing a 4-Link suspension. I was originally intending to just design and build some traction bars but these vans have some horrid squat under acceleration and some sick hop under sudden hard braking. So I said well 4-link can give me the best of both traction bars and anti-squat, so I been hard at work in my notebook doing all the math for the materials to make sure that they don't fail under load, and in AutoCAD Mechanical I been designing and performing the FEA on the various mounting brackets and links. This is something I was working very hard on but I took a break, I only recently got back on the designing. I figured out how to make the mounting for the front links so the cross member portion clears the driveshaft including it's movement of course, the mount also serves as a cross member which will really make the rear end rigid, the only problem is the weight is just severe, the whole suspension system seems like it would weigh a good 150-220lbs. Most of the weight being in the brackets and cross member because all that is 1/4" steel plate or the cross member being 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 x 1/4" steel square tubing.