View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Fleet
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:47
Okiespaniels is on a distinguished road

Sorry I missed this earlier...

Here's what I'd do. First this will require a bit of research.
Pull up Rock Auto. See if the wheel bearings are the same. Somewhere Dodge went to a modular sealed hub bearing assembly. If that is correct...check and see if the ball joint part numbers are the same.
If they are, you can swap a pair of spindles from a 2000 to your '98, then the hub bearing assemblies rotors, caliper mounts (which will fit the new spndles) etc.
Now for some reason the ball joints arent the same, you may have to physically check them at a parts store. Pay attention to the length and taper angle...you may be able to still use the 2000 spindles on your ball joints. If not, can you make them work anyway? Or will you need control arms? They should swap, but again you'll need to check the mounting points.

I could do this for you but you'll learn more by doing it yourself. Feel free to ask if you have issues with the parts and I'll try to help. It's a very good mod to increase your braking power, and you can swap the larger Chevy 1 ton cylinders into the rear Delco brakes you have now to give a bit more whoa.