View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Rep:71
topgun will become famous soon enough

My tires are also taller by an inch and I had the dealer do the adjustment. It only takes a few minutes, even easier if they are already connected for some kind of update to your computer. I'd find another dealer as $130 is raping you big time if you want it corrected. Nothing will happen from not changing the size for an inch, just the speedo and odometer will both read a little low. I wanted mine correct though as the truck was brand new so I had the tire size changed.

Quote:
By the way I doubt they are even an inch bigger.
Comparing the 2 sizes shows his new tires to be 1.1" taller or a difference of 3.3%. So at 55 mph, the speedo should read less than 2 mph slow. Nothing that would do any damage. But personally something I would want adjusted, especially if that was the tire size I planned on sticking with. If they were just winter tires though, I would not mess with the adjustment.

Last edited by topgun; 03-31-2013 at 08:00 AM.