View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1463
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I have the 730N as well and have an issue. Neither of the USB ports (in the upper glove box or in the radio face) will read an inserted USB flash (thumb) drive. Dealer looked at it, had their 'Radio Expert' troubleshoot and he couldn't get either of the ports to read a flash drive either. He said I either need a radio flash (what's this?) or a completely new radio head.

I returned the following week for a separate issue and the service techs addressed my USB port issue again while she was in their shop.. final word that I received on the issue is that my 'USB' ports are not meant to read regular flash drives like you can use with a laptop or home computer.. they only work when inserting the USB end of a cell phone's or MP3 player's charging cord. (The service rep had walked out and plugged her I-Phone into my truck and said it worked perfectly.. so she is basing her statement on this.)

I re-read the manual for my 730N at that point and it clearly states that you CAN use a flash/thumb drive in the RAM's USB ports. Please advise on the next step I should take here..? Thanks!