View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyp View Post
I have 3.92 and running 37's and I don't have any complaints....

The weight makes a difference, my wheel/tire combo weighs the same as the 35's and stock wheels I was running before.
weight plays a MAJOR roll in anything you can think of. this bit is based off my 2000 solid front axle, but I ran a aluminum 16x10 with 35/12.5s, no problem. stepped up to a full bedrock, two peace steel 16.5 rim with runflat tubes inside, rocking 37/12.5s. my 5 inch suspension rode rougher than I ever with the new setup, all because of that extra weight.

now with you guys with IFS concern, your slightly different than my solid front axle, but solids only flex so much themselves, and I spent many days in the black hills and Badlands of south Dakota with my truck and I managed a little rock crawling here and there. you'll be fine if you want to try some slight crawling. it's not like your building a bullet proof off road monster.

I had 3.55 gears and 37 or 35s on my tired old 318, there was still plenty of rip snort left in the truck. 3.92 on an newer 3rd gen engine with 37s, your still going to have some serious power.

I say go for it gents! lift and don't stop! if you feel underpowered, then you have some kind of idea about what you want to change later. can't stop Modding after all lol