View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:294
SoCal Ram is a jewel in the roughSoCal Ram is a jewel in the roughSoCal Ram is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
I have the 730N as well and have an issue. Neither of the USB ports (in the upper glove box or in the radio face) will read an inserted USB flash (thumb) drive. Dealer looked at it, had their 'Radio Expert' troubleshoot and he couldn't get either of the ports to read a flash drive either. He said I either need a radio flash (what's this?) or a completely new radio head.

I returned the following week for a separate issue and the service techs addressed my USB port issue again while she was in their shop.. final word that I received on the issue is that my 'USB' ports are not meant to read regular flash drives like you can use with a laptop or home computer.. they only work when inserting the USB end of a cell phone's or MP3 player's charging cord. (The service rep had walked out and plugged her I-Phone into my truck and said it worked perfectly.. so she is basing her statement on this.)

I re-read the manual for my 730N at that point and it clearly states that you CAN use a flash/thumb drive in the RAM's USB ports. Please advise on the next step I should take here..? Thanks!
Did you format the USB stick as "FAT 32"? I did this and it worked. Uploaded a bunch of MP3 to the HD. It worked just fine, from the glove box port, so the dealer is WRONG!