View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light
Default HIDs for 2013 Laramie

I read the HID light thread but it resulted in confusing me, not hard to do I guess. I emailed retro-solution with this:
I am looking at your 55 watt HID kit for my 2013 RAM1500 Laramie which has the projector headlamps from the factory. I see you offer a vehicle application for another $22, could you tell me what the that includes?

Will your kit install and operate without setting any messages, warnings, or diagnostic trouble codes?
They responded shorty after with a complete explanation and links of what to order:
Thank you for your inquiry. The cost difference for different vehicle applications is for the components and/or specific wiring harness required for those electrical systems. The application for your 2013 Dodge Ram is set up to work properly when installed according to the provided installation instructions so you don't get any flickering or bulb out warning light indications on the dash!

For your convenience, here are the links and selections for what you will need for your particular vehicle application:
Head Lamps

55w DIGITAL headlight kits (30%-40% more output):
http://****************.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid664.html

Please select "9012/HIR2" for low beams, the color of your choice (see below) and for vehicle application, "Dodge Ram 2013+ Projector Lamps." No bulb capping is required for this application.

So I made the order and got an email indicating my order shipped. I saw the video of how to install, looks easy. I'll post back and tell you what I think of their quality.

Bob
Sponsored links