Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dodge29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
I have a 2011 RAM 1500 with 9,150 miles on it. Two days ago my truck started to do the same thing. I can turn the key to the on position and everything turns on in the with full power so I know its not a battery issue. I even tried jumping the truck just to make sure. When I tried to start it I get the same "Click" sound but nothing else. A friend told me to try and put it in neutral and start it, and sure as $#!& it started right up.

So I drove it right to the dealer. Where it stayed for two days, only for them to tell me that they could not recreate the issue and could not find anything wrong, so I could come and pick it up.

I drove the truck from the dealer to a store a few miles away only to come out and be stuck for an hour in the parking lot because the truck won't start at all.

I find it very disappointing to have a new truck that is having an issue like this, and to be turned away from the dealership which I bought it at. The truck is going back to the dealer in the morning to be looked at for the second time. These trucks are not cheap and therefore in my opinion are held to a higher accountability then others and my experience so far is only going to deter me from purchasing Dodge in the future. I think a call to Chrysler is due. Thanks SPSVRMAN for the tip.

Been fighting the EXACT same problem at my dealership, I'm not going back there again. I'm currenly scheduled to visit another nearby on Monday but it has been starting for four days in a row now. Not sure what to do. I've seen enough of this on this fourm that you'd think Dodge would get a clue already!! Mine will always start when in neutral, they did put in a new transmission range sensor . . . what the hell!! This is base model ST and it was $36,000!! I to have called the 1-800 Chrysler, not heard back yet.

Last edited by dodge29; 04-06-2013 at 12:03 AM.