View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
My stomach always turns inside out whenever I have to go to a dealer. This experience was no different. Went to pick the truck up last night and only drove 100 yards and a loud constant scraping noise was present. To make matters worse, I told the service writer specifically not to do any other work to my truck. For example: Reflash of my computer, TieRod End replacement. He actually told me that the tie rod ends were not even availble yet from Dodge. Anyway, when I got there last night, my computer was reflashed and the tie rod fairy sprinkled two new ends behind my front wheels. Nowhere on the receipt was any mention of a front end alignment. Anyone ever hear of disassembling a front end and NOT aligning the front end? The truck is still there and will be at least until Monday, after lots and lots of non-pleasant conversation they gave me a new Hyundai to drive until then. Dealers earn their reputation everyday!
I suppose new parts aren't such a bad thing, are they covering you for the new flash and the tie-rods? Kind of weird how the tie-rods mysteriously became available, what was the re-flash for? Hopefully that improves the driveability for you. Can't recall seeing a dust shield on the inside of the rotor but that could be the scraping noise you hear? Good luck with your truck, hopefully it all works out.