Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
RamLove is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiespaniels View Post
The 5 inch lift by Rough contry is an "ok" lift. They've really cheapened it up in the last few years. It'd probably be fine on a street truck.
That being said, I'd be piecing together a lift from better and stonger components. In the rear I'd use a shackle flip kit from DOR (DodgeOffRoad). Advantages to this mod are a better ride and enhanced towing. Plus an instant 5 inches of lift and you can get rid of the factory lift blocks.

On the front I'd get a set of 5 inch springs and DOR short arms.

The track bar will need to be upgraded. The shoddy RC mount that uses the factory bar has a history of coming loose all the time. There are a bunch of aftermarket bars in several price ranges that get rid of the factory t bar and replace it with better ends.

You'll also need a drop pitman arm and some extended sway bar links. If you're steering linkage is loose or marginal replace it with the 98.5 1 ton components. This mod really tightens up your steering input.

These components will give you decent ride, near factory handling and not destroy your towing capabilites. Also you'll be able to set your alignment to factory specs.
Can I just buy some 4" Lift leaf springs and avoid the shackle kit?
Like this: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Tuf...af_springs.htm