View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:299
KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR View Post
Hi guys. What am I missing here? My chrome door handles are just covers that are glued on. I lost the left rear door handle pull cover the other day, I think from a car wash. The cover on the left front door popped right off with gentle pressure. I plan to relpace them with painted handles - maybe from Jim's Auto Parts.

Sweet truck KennyPowers!
I am heading down the same road, chrome looks nice but it is a PITA. I had to replace a mirror so I upgraded them both to the signal/puddle lamp version. The replacements had chrome covers like my originals. I took the mirrors to a local bump shop and had the chrome painted to match the truck. They look great but I still need to hard wire the mirror lamps. I've already de-badged as well, the bumpers and grill will get replaced in time.
What color red is your truck? I have my original big horn door handles still. Obviously they're inferno red with the grip being chrome. I appreciate the kind words! I actually just traded her in last week! The dealership offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on her! I couldn't be happier with the new daily!