Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge ram
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Snow Beast is on a distinguished road
Default Rough Shaking/idle 1000rpm shudders

Hi guys.
I just got done mudding today and noticed I had a problem..My 4wd wasn't totally disengaging..and the truck was shaking..horribly..almost made me barf.
I thought maybe theres was mud buildup..so I took her to get cleaned up..sprayed out the tranny area.shocks. etc etc.
I went up a hill and the rear diff popped..then everything ran smooth.parked it for 20 minutes..then when it turned on..it was shaking horribly in idle and going forward and reverse the entire truck shook and shuddered till it reached 1000rpm..then stopped. everytime I go below 1000 it starts shaking rough..on the highway speeds its fine..

Any ideas? If theres a solution that doesnt require a mechanic thats great..Its my daily driver so I'm easy with it even when mudding..Heres a list of things I've tried

Checked engine mounts
belt
driveshaft from front to back..super solid no bends or cracks
checked tranny fluid and oil.
changed transfercase fluid
All filters were checked/not clogged ( oil fuel and air)
All visible components were secure and functioning.

note..I've had an issue with the rear diff popping before..4wd shop said its because I have two slightly different size tires 35s and 37s

any help is appreciated..if my wife finds out I broke the truck my balls are on the chopping block

thanks
Sponsored links