Old 04-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
MeanMango2010 will become famous soon enough

Yeah lift to shift is exactly what it sounds like. If you are driving it with ful throttle in D you have to let off the throttle a split second, just enough for it to dump boost. Otherwise it kinda bounces off the revlimiter and feels like it's in neutral. RIPP said something along the lines of, it needs to see vacuum to shift. Everyone I have spoken to looks at me funny when I told them about lift to shift because the guys running Magnachargers aren't having that issue. CHVYKLR has his turbo setup done by MGH and even before his trans build, had no issue with lifting to shift. It's most definitaly something RIPP needs to figure out.

Also, when towing with lift to shift. When I would tow my Jeep in manual mode or auto with OD off, if I didn't downshift before going up steep grades it would do the same crap. Which is a major inconvenience. From what I understand RIPP is now running an ATS trans but they are using the ATS CoPilot to control it.
Vortec Supercharger, Upgraded Trans by MGH w/ Edge 2800 stall converter, Yukon DuraGrip LSD, ARH LongTube Headers, 18" Mufflex and QTP Cutout, AIS Water/Meth, 2/4" Ground Force, E-Fan w/ clutch fan delete, random orange and black paint.