View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj ram View Post
Dealer fixed it under the powertrain warranty, but as I guessed it was a bit of...

They had no service history of maintaince on my truck because I took it to third party quick oil changing places or did it myself, never to a rip off dealer. They also said I didn't do the spark plug replacement at 50 K. I was planning on doing it myself soon, but hadn't yet. They wanted receipt proof I did the oil changes, and would have wanted receipts if I changed the plugs myself. Since I couldn't they wanted the plugs changed before they would fix the manifold, even though it had nothing to with each other.... ugggghhh.... I complied with the money hungry buggers so I could get my truck back without booking another appointment, but that seems to be what you get when you ask them to fix something that is owed to you by a warranty without given them any of your money....
Isnt the 50, 000km spark plug change a "suggested interval" ? I think everyone that has gone over that number and pulled a spark plug have indicated that the plugs looked in perfect shape. I would think they should have pulled a plug to satisfy that scenario. I am scratching my head why they insist the plugs being done first before performing un-related warranty work. The bottom line I suppose, you got your plugs done now. I just traded my 2010 in about 3 weeks ago and the odometer just rolled over on 60, 000km and I hadn't done the plugs either, the truck was running perfect. I was planning on doing them at about 80, 000km.