Old 04-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

I was in the same debate as you… I chose to let the shop build my exhaust instead of ordering the catback. I saved almost 600 dollars that way… enough to pay for my tool box and tonneau cover and I have zero regrets. The shop I brought it to specializes in custom exhaust and they did a fantastic job.

What I appreciated about the guys that did my truck was their honesty and willingness to take you into the shop and show you exactly what they’re doing. I asked them about mandrel bent pipes vs traditional bending and he just laughed and said “for the cost of mandrel bent pipes vs traditoal buy yourself some headers and get rid of the real restrictions in your exhaust instead wasting your money… it’s a daily driver not a track truck” and I think he’s right…

Now as far as the muffler is concerned, if you want to replicate the Magnaflow Catback (which I recommend since you will not have any resonators) is to jump up to the 5x11x22 muffler PN# 12588. It is the same one found in the kit and it has a larger case size than the 4x9x18 your looking at. With the 22 you will have zero drone in your truck and a really nice deep burble on the exterior which screams when you step on it.

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps

Last edited by MangoTangoMofo; 04-13-2013 at 01:53 PM.