Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

Rockland Ford, Rockland Ontario Canada

Bought my 2011 Ford Ranger from this location. Picked up my truck at night so a thorough walk through was near impossible. On a later date open the tailgate and notice that one tailgate cable is too long which cause the tailgate to put all the weight on the other tailgate cable. Also the tailgate doesnt sit right because of the odd length. Another issue is the squeaky clutch peddle when the cab warms up in the winter. Bring the truck in for warranty work. leave the truck there for a few hours and re pick up the truck. I didnt check the cable since the backed up the truck near a snow bank. Driving home, the cab warms up and the clutch start squeaking again. Get home, open the tailgate, and I notice that they had changed the cable but its still too long. Bring it back and talk to the service manager.

He says:
-We have a broadcast saying that odd length cables are normal and will not be changed under warranty (really??? Ford can't cut the cables of a tailgate the same length? They haven't changed the ranger since 1998 and in 2011 the tailgate still isnt right?)
-the squeaky clutch was checked by the tech and he determine that the squeak wasnt annoying enough for him to fix it. I told him that it wasnt up to his tech to determine if it was annoying for him or not, but how annoying it was for me. I asked the the manager to just add lub or oil the pedal and he refused.

I went home, and lubed the peddle myself (never squeaked again) and the to the day I traded it the tailgate never sat right.

I talked to a long of ranger owners who said that it was normal to get shit service from ford. Unbelieveable! you pay $20,000 or so for a brand new truck and you accept terrible service. I never went to that dealership for warranty work again.

My fiance goes to Ottawa Dodge and Jeep dealership for a few warranty issues on her '12 jeep Wrangler and she has always gotten amazing service. they even clean her jeep everytime they are done. They even go out to the parking lot to your vehicle to explain what work they did on your vehicle, show you what parts are new, etc. Now that's service.