View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough
Talking RC Level, XD rims,35" Toyo MT's, Short Review & PICTURES!

I posted plenty of pictures for you all to enjoy!

The level/lift:

After weeks of back and fourth and HOURS of cruising this awesome forum I finally decided to level my beloved 2010 Mango Tango 4X4 Quad Cab Sport with a Rough Country FR/RR kit. I installed a 2.5” spacer in the front and a 1.75” coil spacer in the rear. I chose this set up because I use my truck as a truck. I hunt with it, fish with it and every spring I drive off into the mountains and pretend I’m a lumber jack (and I’m ok♪) and get all of my firewood for the winter. I didn’t want to have my nose to high up in the air when there is 1000lbs+ of wood in the back, so I’m hoping the little bit of lift in the rear will help with that.

The Wheels:

Again, after spending HOURS on this forum drooling over all of your gorgeous trucks I decided that I wanted to do something a little different and run a wheel that I haven’t seen yet. I knew that I wanted a 0 offset to avoid any rubbing and I also decided to drop my stock 20’s and run a 17” rim since tires are WAY cheaper and I like the extra cushion on logging roads. The wheels I chose are the XD series Crank with the Matte/Machined finish. I have to say that the pictures don’t do this rim justice. It looks terrible on the internet but in person, wrapped in a mud terrain tire it made me excited in my swim suit area. In person it looks bad a$$ and my wife describes it as “mean” so mission accomplished!

The Tires:

Another reason I wanted to run a leveling kit was to clear 35” tires. I decided to run Toyo M/T’s in 35x12.5x17. A big thank you to Grubrunner for his excellent review of this tire and everyone else who posted great information on this thread. for those thinking of bilsteins and Toyo’s do yourself a favor and read his thread… Hope you don’t mind me posting it

The verdict:

I couldn’t be happier with my set up. I have zero rubbing and had to do zero trimming and I also have zero vibrations. The Tires stick out about 1.5 inches from the fender well which is exactly the look I was going for. I love a wide stance and a meaty tire on a truck and that is exactly what I got. The best part about the setup is people think I lifted the truck, when you install a rear coil spacer it really changes the look and I find that the 35’s don’t look “stuffed.”

I wish I would have taken some before and after measurements for you guys but it completely slipped my mind. The ride is a bit harsher, but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m finally running a real LT rated tire or because of the leveling kit… personally I think it’s a combination of both, but don’t let this deter you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck front quarter.jpg (122.2 KB, 1365 views)
File Type: jpg Truck side shot.jpg (121.6 KB, 1924 views)
File Type: jpg truck rear quarter.jpg (123.8 KB, 1331 views)
File Type: jpg tire_fender well.jpg (121.0 KB, 1148 views)
File Type: jpg Truck front end.jpg (113.0 KB, 1110 views)
File Type: jpg Truck booty shot.jpg (121.8 KB, 982 views)

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps

Last edited by MangoTangoMofo; 04-14-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored links