Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:35
Zixxer is on a distinguished road
Default Vavaram Air Grabber 2013 Ram 1500 Filter Concerns

I posted a review on some mods that I performed recently (under the 2013 Ram group) and one of them was the Air Grabber. I certainly like the style and the possibility of improved performance.

After about a 500+ miles I pulling the filter assembly to clean everything and check my catch can. I found a lot grit or fine sand and I thought maybe I had not secured the lid snug enough or it wasn't seated correctly. I noted there is really no sealing material on the top lid and you rely on the rubber double lip to seal to the hard plastic top.

In any event, I waited a few weeks and pulled the lid today only to discover the same thing. I think that's way too much dirt/girt to be getting past the filter setup. I only do highway miles and the truck has never seen off road, gravel, etc. You'll even see where a bug is stuck between the seal lips on top...tells me there's clearly a gap.

So I've added weather stripping to the top lid, cleaned everything up and will see if that fixes it. If not, I think there's a real problem with the sealing on these systems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AirGrabBug.jpg (121.6 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg AirGrabDirt.jpg (122.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg AirGrabDirt2.jpg (122.3 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg AirGrabWeatherStrip.jpg (119.9 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by Zixxer; 04-14-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored links