Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:23
LowcountryHemi is on a distinguished road

UPDATE

The new radiator was received the day after I ordered it (actually before I even received confirmation emails from the company, talk about fast shipping). I stopped by the local Dodge dealership and picked up soem Mopar MS9769G coolant.

I flushed the system of the old coolant since I had to put stuff in there that wasn't HOAT to get me home after the initial radiator leak. After the flush, I got the new radiator in and after some headaches all is right with Black Betty again. Engine runs cool and no leaks anywhere.

I did run into a few problems: I had to burp the system a couple of times to get the air out of the system but this is fairly common from what I've read. After I first finished and topped off the coolant reservoir I took her for a spin and she started running hot, never overheated but definitely on the high end of the gauge. Got her home and was a little peeved. It was almost 10 pm so I went to bed. Woke up and the reservoir was empty and when I opened the radiator cap I got a nice burp so that was a learning experience.

Additionally, the new radiator had new fittings that receive the bots for securing the fan shroud and the transmission fluid cooler that did not accept the stock bolts. So I had to take them off the original radiator and put them on the new one. Also the bottom of the replacement radiator core did not fan quit as wide as the original so the power steering fluid cooler brackets did not set inside. I had to bend the side brackets in to allow for a fit.

Overall the replacement was a success and a good learning experience as this was my first major repair on my Ram since getting it last summer.