Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
DemolitionMan is on a distinguished road
Default My 2013 Outdoorsman

If you've been reading the "build status" thread, I finally received my new Outdoorsman on Apr 11th. Unfortunately it was a crazy day - due to a family emergency, I had to literally leave from the dealership in my new truck. I drove that night from Indy to Toledo, and a few days later met my family in South Bend before returning home. In less than a week I put more than 600 miles on my new truck and barely got to see her.

Overall I am very happy with my new truck. Getting used to the dial shifter was weird and I still find myself reaching for the gearstick. I do love the power and the smoothness of the new transmission, though. So far (knock on wood) the 8.4AN is working flawlessly. I am glad I went with a bench seat instead of buckets...I like the roominess of the front cab. The exterior looks great, have not noticed any paint issues yet.

So far the only "problem" is that I can't figure out how to get my phone to send and receive texts....but that's minor.

Here is my old truck at the dealership (2001 SLT, 4x4, 5.9L). My older son was very sad to see her go.

Next is my new Outdoorsman, still shiny after days and days of nothing but rain!

First mod should be tomorrow, adding a TruXedo tonneau cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130411_174448.jpg (86.8 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 20130417_181101.jpg (122.7 KB, 156 views)
Sponsored links