View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
im brand new to the forum, read alot of it and decided to jump in.
i recently purchased my first Dodge Ram in January of this year its a 2012 but only has a 4.7 at the time of purchase i didnt mind but now i am kicking myslef for not getting a hemi. i thought i was past my going fast/Ricky Bobby phase but im not. what mods or upgrades is there for my 4.7 if there even is any? im tired of getting bullied by Hemi's or should i just trade my truck in for one that has a hemi all i see is parts and mods and upgrades for a Hemi
can the 4.7 get some love?
I agree with brandon and his suggestions, I love my 4.7 with all the upgrades, but if you feel you are getting bullied by the Hemi guys in your area (not sure why, most Ram 1500 owners are not like that) you will never get 100 hp more out of your 4.7 to be equal with those guys, With the tuner, 94 octane gas, throttle body, exhaust, intake, etc, I might have the engine up to 340hp which is no where near 400hp of the Hemi. So if being bullied is your reason for modding your truck to try and beat up the bullies, then trade in your truck for a 2012 Hemi, get the Diablo Tuner with either the Hemifever or the whitelighting Tune, free flow your exhaust, TB change, Vararam Intake, and while your at it, go to summit racing and pick up the DODGE RAM 1500 Nitrous Oxide kit. and you will be a happy camper against all them hemi Bullies in Bellevue .

Oh and make sure you get some nice high gears in the rear end and the LSD

Last edited by Asur; 04-20-2013 at 09:24 AM.