Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Shoop is on a distinguished road
Default Had Garmin for years and now this...

Bought my 2012 Laramie and it happend to come with this uconnect 730N/RHR.

The entire system is a pain to operate. The backwards entry system sucks, and does the display and most importantly the navigation is not up to date.

I connect an iPod for music and it only displays one out of nine times when first turning the unit on. I always have to unplug and replug the iPod for it to show on the system.

Navigation with Garmin was always a breeze and correct. This unit I have tried to get used to, but it cannot be used efficaciously. The display is cluttered and unlike Garmin which is easy to see, this one is flat and has only a huge freakin' arrow that blocks a portion of the mapping area. Side streets are not identified half the time and if you zoom in it only gets so close, but not close enough for city use.

Now for the phone. If you like arguing with the system it is great. Other than that, the voice commands are so ridiculous that I usually end up just pressing the keys to avoid frustrating myself into a puddle of quivering goo.

I will never buy another unit with this system in it. VERY UNHAPPY DODGE. For $50K it should have a decent system.