Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Kman521 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysfan View Post
I seem to have the same problem, put in factory controller and it looks great, but went away last weekend and I had the gain set at 4.0 because of a lot of hills. Well my brakes were set and i didn't know it. set controller back to 0 and it towed fine. When I use the brakes with the gain at 0 the unit reads 1.0 then 2.0 then max at 3.0. Had the dealer set it up when i installed it so it would work with the computer. Now they tell me there is nothing wrong with it and the comp. knows how much brake to use. Any thoughts?
Mine is a 13, not a 12 but I connected my open car trailer while it was empty and the brakes worked fine except they were locking up when I pushed the brake pedal because of no load on the trailer. Even when it was set for 5 the trailer brakes were not on while driving down the road. I did set it to 1 and the brakes no longer locked up with the empty trailer. Later in May I will be pulling the trailer with a car on it so I'll see then but I don't think there will be a problem.