Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Big Horn Crew 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:24
clum553946 is on a distinguished road

You're right, the 2012 headlights leave a lot to be desired! Retroshop has a system that's close to plug & play. They modify your lowbeams with digital HID projectors. It's a stunning difference but not cheap! I drive a lot of rural & mountain areas at night. When I first got my truck, I put Sylvania Ultra's in both high & low. There was only a marginal difference. The Retro system with 55w 5000k bulbs are just tons better. I waffled about buying the Retroshop but decided it was relatively cheap as far as safety & being able to see was concerned. I'm really glad I bought them, they're better than the headlights on my AMG plus Jeremy at Retroshop has first rate customer service & helped me with blow by blow instructions while I was doing the install. That being said, if I can install it, anyone can. Also, the high beams are left stock. With the projectors on high, you really don't even need the stock highs, but when you flick in on, it really lights up the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona2012 View Post
I previously owned a 2009 Ram w/Quad headlights, and had no issues with the illumination of the headlamps or fog lights. It wasn't the greatest, but at least I could see, and it didn't cause me to post anything about it. Something has changed for the worst with the 2012. I can't speak for 2010-2011. I think this either needs to go back to the 2012 Ram Forum, or at least be cross-linked.