Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Tradesman
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Charcole
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
chrisr5684 is on a distinguished road
Default Convert manual to power windows

I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this has been addressed before so if it was, my bad. I have a 2011 Ram Tradesman with manual windows and locks. I know first thing people will say is "why didn't you just buy the truck with power windows"? I didn't think I needed them... I have looked online at the different power window kits to install and have gotten quotes from different alarm installation places and they all want to install an alarm to install the power windows and locks off of.Now my question, is it possible to install power window switches using the blanks in the center dash? I would rather not mess with cutting a slot in the door to install switches, and I figured it would be easier to just install the switch in the center dash blanks (next to the hazard light switch). Also, as mass produced these vehicles are now adays would the space be there to essentially "plug in" the wires for the power window? If anyone has done this before or has any imput I would really appreciate it!
Sponsored links