View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yes it should lol. Removing the IAT will decrease performance but it will run ok. If you have an issue with the harness/connector you may be getting a temperature reading that is WAY off. This might cause driveability problems. The sensor works on a voltage that is read by the computer and translated to a temperature. So say 1v = 50 deg F and 4v = 200 deg F (I'm making the numbers up). If it's got an issue in the harness/connector it may be reading the wrong voltage. So say it's supposed to be reading 70 deg F and it's incorrectly reading 200 deg F it will adjust the air/fuel ratio incorrectly.

I'm not sure this is your problem, but start here. Usually IAT sensors make minor adjustments that wouldn't cause your issue. Are you sure that's the only check engine code?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.