Old 04-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
calizeus is on a distinguished road

Reading through these posts, because I think I might have a PCM problem.

First off, I'm going to do some internet searching to see if I can find out, but what is "TIPM"? Where is it located in 2009 Ram (Hemi engine), and anything special I would need to know about in disconnecting and reconnecting the connectors?

On to what brought me here originally. My truck is acting strange to say the least. Intermittenly over the last several months, my truck won't start in the morning. The battery will be drained. But, in having the battery tested, it tests fine. (I also think the battery is fine). I also have issues with the remote start just starting my truck whenever it feels the urge, the lock button on my key fob not locking the vehicle, but unlock works fine. I've also had it in a couple of times for the controls for heat/cool not working right. That was something to do with doors opening or closing directing the air. It just seems to be alot of things that are making me start to point to a faulty brain, and isnt' the PCM basically the brain?

Also, has anyone gotten confirmation on whether the PCM is covered under the Powetrain Warranty. I am at about 46k, and am out of the 36k / 3 year warranty.

Thanks in advance for any replies.