View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj ram View Post
Dealer fixed it under the powertrain warranty, but as I guessed it was a bit of...

They had no service history of maintaince on my truck because I took it to third party quick oil changing places or did it myself, never to a rip off dealer. They also said I didn't do the spark plug replacement at 50 K. I was planning on doing it myself soon, but hadn't yet. They wanted receipt proof I did the oil changes, and would have wanted receipts if I changed the plugs myself. Since I couldn't they wanted the plugs changed before they would fix the manifold, even though it had nothing to with each other.... ugggghhh.... I complied with the money hungry buggers so I could get my truck back without booking another appointment, but that seems to be what you get when you ask them to fix something that is owed to you by a warranty without given them any of your money....
im sorry but i would trust a dealer way more than a quick oil change place ive heard to many oh my oil filter fell off or my drain plug is stripped after going to a 15 min place hell ive even heard some dont even change the filter just shine it up