Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
theycallmetatorsalad is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Get the $%$ outa Dodge

So after deciding to pull the trigger on my first "New Vehicle" purchase at the age of 32, I chose a beautiful 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4 5.7L. My Dad has a 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Sport 5.7L I borrowed for a trip to Destin Fl that helped to convince me to buy the truck. I've always had used GMCs in the past.

Here's my RAM experience so far:

Truck 1: Picked up New truck Tuesday evening with 160 mi on odometer (they had to drive it from other dealer in Louisian to get the options i wanted). Power steering failed while driving that evening and then again next day (Wednesday) from work to dealership in 5 o'clock traffic. Power steering would work again after turning truck off then on again.

Truck 2: (Wednesday) Dealer gave me loaner Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie quad with 350 mi on Odom. Check engine light came on next day (Thursday) driving home from work I returned to dealership. Still haven't fixed my truck because they couldn't replicate issue but had "put a claim in to Dodge Engineers". Dealer gave me new loan.

Truck 3: 2013 Base mode 4x2 quad cab tradesman (25 miles on odometer). Drove home from dealer Thursday evening and got out of truck... radio stayed on with key out of ignition and doors would not lock unlock with key fob or door buttons.

Truck 4: Brought Truck 3 back to dealer on Friday morning. Still haven't fixed my truck (I even forgot for a moment what the issue was with one I actually bought). They give me 3rd loaner: 2013 Ram 1500 4x2 Sport quad cab with 20 miles on odometer.

I guess I learned my lesson about buying new and taking a loan on a vehicle. I Should've bought a used for cash and been happy.

It's a good thing I didn't trade in my old truck. May need it!

Can't help but just laugh and at this point the phrase .."Get the Hell outa Dodge" has a whole new meaning to me. Good luck to my fellow 2013 dodge ram purchasers!
Sponsored links