View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ.2007Ram View Post
I don't know about the 86 engines but in the earlier LA engines the distributor had a blade at the end to engage the gear in the block which of course was driven by the cam. This setup is super easy to be 180 degrees out. Honestly that is where I would look first.
That was the reason I suggested getting it up to TDC and checking it. If it's 180 out it'll usually pop a little but that's about it. It sounds to me like it's slightly retarted and the dist has that little stop at the bottom and can only be turned about an 8th of a turn...just not enough to get 'er to fire up. Omitting it (^^tab previous post^^) was an oversight on my part, but I agree.

I just wanted him to cover the bases and work his way through it from the start.

Last edited by Warlock III; 04-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.