Vehicle: 1500 Hemi/8 Speed/3.92
Trim Level: Laramie/RamBox/Air
Color: Black gold pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
Bhbdvm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
They must have greatly improved the software for Android since then since I don't have to go though any of that to start mine. I press the shortcut on my Home screen for U-connect, I press the button to start my Ram, I type my 4-digit pin, 2 minutes later my Ram starts and I get an optional text message when my Ram starts saying my ram has responded to the command. Once started, it is no different than the remote start option. You have 15 minutes to open the door or it will shut off. Kind of makes sense in case you send a remote start command and then get distracted and something comes up preventing you from leaving for several hours. Would suck to have it running in a parking lot for several hours.

Only thing I wish it would do is provide an option to honk the horn 3-times instead of turning on the alarm. Or at the very least provide an option to turn the alarm off with the app. I was trying it out at home expecting it to just honk the horn a couple of times. When it didn't shut off I had to scramble to find my keys to press the panic button to turn it back off. Usually 3 honks is sufficient for me to locate my Ram in a parking lot. I don't want my alarm going off until I get close enough to turn it off with the remote.
Your alarm shouldn't be going off unless you have set up your system for it to go off. You can turn off the horn etc. for remote start via the 8.4 radio head unit. I agree it doesn't seem that big of a deal to start it using Uconnect. I like the fact it asks for a PIN so that no one can play around with my phone and start my truck. All the messages are optional. I wouldn't want to use my phone to start my truck unless I was a fair distance away from my truck I would just use the key FOB.