View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

OK more info, and 2 video's , crappy one's but hope they help,

First off, I have now adjusted the unit not to give me codes, but I think I adjusted it way too much and will over the next few days adjust it more to get the max fuel savings I can. Actually its an adjustment so that the ECU does not think something is wrong because there is no fuel going to the cylinders and it pops an engine code.

That being said, "is it working you ask?", well it seems to be, the LED's say it is, the LED that says its initialized says it is, and what I have felt, and the only thing I have felt is that once the 5 break peddle hits is done and the unit turns on the Fuel saving when you are pressing the brake to stop the truck it actually feels like your stopping faster, I figure its cause the engine is pushing less. Just my feeling I got. is the engine stable, yes, at idle with air, lights, fan, running, its idling as it should. Will this prove as time goes by that I will be saving on fuel? Will only find out as time goes by.

OK, now, for the install, as indicated in my previous post this is not a plug & play installation as mentioned in the advert, those who are not used to doing electrical connections and soldering wires, using volt meters and basic mechanic's will want to have this unit installed by someone who is. Also, your going to spend 3-4 hours perched on top of your engine passing the wires, connecting everything, finding wires, feeding to under the dash and going back and forth, I would highly recommend a second person for this installation if just to hold your beer when doing this. But seriously, I would of loved a 2nd person to help out instead of me going to the driver seat, turning on the key and then back under the hood.

So for the install when you get the unit its a box with a bunch of wires and plugs.

I went and taped the 3 sets up and covered them with that flexible wire tubing so it would look clean, once you pass your 2 big cables with the injector plugs to both sides of the engine, you connect those up, easy but man them 2 last cylinder injectors are hard to get at, now gray wire goes to the TB pin A6 (pin 6) which is a Brown/Dark Blue wire. Now the Brown wire from the Fuel smart goes to the brake switch under the dash, link it to the Pin A6 (pin 6) which is a Dark Green/Red wire. The other wires are Positive and Body Ground. The positive you need to find a Positive that stays on when ignition is engaged or the truck will not start. I used a fuse tap in the fuse box, can't remember which one. So that is it, now all you have to do is the adjustments. Here are 2 video's, that may help

First part install:

Unit running:

I will post more information as I run the unit over the next week or so, hopefully it really does.

Last edited by Asur; 04-29-2013 at 10:04 AM.