View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation TLC installed but now my rear is 2" higher

I installed the TLC system on my truck with the wireless Airlift unit, great product, I originally install a set of bilstien 5100's on the front at 2.1 to level out the truck, basically with this setup the front is 37" off the ground and the rear is 38", After installing the TLC units and adding in the 7-10 lbs of pressure in the air bags, I now end up with 37" front and 40" in the rear basically putting back a rake on the truck. Could someone advise as to what can be done so that the air bags don't lift the rear up with the prescribed minimum air in the bags.

Added: Even with 5lbs which is the minimum the airlift can do, its still stays 2" above its normal sitting position. If I unplug the air tube to release all the air out of the bags, it will then sit at its normal height. But now the bags just slap around on road bumps and at 5lb the ride is uncomfortable, 8lbs it rides nice. Don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy with the product, just would like to know if there is anyway to keep the rear at the level it was, it makes sense that if you put pressure in the bags which are made to lift, that even a small amount of pressure will lift the truck up but was not expecting this nor has there been any mention about it. Of course if I put 400lbs in the rear it will sit. Is it possible that the bags are very stiff right now and that over time they will relax and lift less with such a minute amount of pressure in the bags?

Last edited by Asur; 04-30-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Sponsored links