Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Ram Pants is on a distinguished road

This topic comes up every now and again but there were a few really long threads about the BBK headers. I don't want to be that guy that guy that tells you to dig up the old threads. Yes, they are the cheapest option but maybe not the best for 4th gen. The BBK's did not change the header flange ports to match the new exhaust outlet ports for the 4th gen heads. Now, I am not saying that they are bad as the stock manifold because no one has done a before and after comparing the 2. But if you can afford a little more the JBA's do not have the port problems and are a straight drop in for replacement for the stock manifolds. I have the JBA's and I am pretty pleased with them. I am not saying you won't get results with the BBk's since you might. But since those original posts exposing the port matching issues awhile back not many on here are using them. Keep in mind the JBA's and BBK's both came out around the same time probably a little over a year to year and half ago. Other than that the only options were the expensive Long Tube brands over $1000. Some have gotten Jeep SRT8 headers to work but those would require some custom exhaust work.