Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 2500 ram
Trim Level: LT
Color: almond
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:19
spockmckoy is on a distinguished road
Talking Brake flaring tool review

http://www.eastwood.com/professional...ring-tool.html I bought this tool a while ago and have used it on my 02' ram and my Golf. The tool is a bit pricier than some other clamp type tools, but after using both types, this is the way to go. I have used this on ferrous and non ferrous tubing. Brake lines and gas lines. With both tools, you use a tubing cutter, install your nut, ream the tubing. With the c-clamp type of tool, I always got so-so results. With this pro tool, everytime it is PERFECT. To use this tool, set the base in a vice and secure. Insert the handle into tool. Next, insert 1/2 of the die for your size of tubing, cover with second half of die. Close the clamp and tighten. Spin the turret to the part that kind of looks like a plain flat bolt and pull the handle. This makes sure your tubing is flush to the face of the die. Next, rotate the turret to Op 1 [operation] to your size of tubing; pull the handle. Next, rotate the turret to Op 2, your size of tubing and pull the handle. Your done with a perfect flare. This tool makes SAE and European DINN flares. Simple and perfect. Can't say more or how easy it is. Here is a utube vid on some used including the one above.

Last edited by spockmckoy; 04-29-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Sponsored links